About the Savannah Book Festival
Each year in the beautiful and historic city of Savannah, Georgia, dozens of popular and critically acclaimed authors join thousands of readers, book lovers, fans and aspiring writers for an annual world-class literary event, the Savannah Book Festival.
The Savannah Book Festival mission is to promote reading, writing and civil conversation by celebrating the written word and its role in improving the human experience. The Savannah Book Festival, Inc. is an independent non-profit corporation led by a volunteer board of directors.
Savannah Book Festival
One Diamond Causeway, Suite 21-331
Savannah, GA 31406-7436
For More Information
Please contact Brianne Halverson, Orange PRM at
- The Savannah Book Festival (SBF) is a four-day celebration of the written word.
- 2017 will mark the tenth annual SBF.
- The Festival theme is Lose Yourself in Books!
- SBF takes place over Presidents Day Weekend, Feb. 16-19, 2017 at venues in and around Telfair, Wright and Chippewa Squares in historic Savannah, Georgia.
- There are over 40 bestselling, emerging and local authors participating each year.
- The 2016 four-day event included Saturday’s free all day line-up of guest authors—plus stand-alone events with bestselling authors (to be announced) requiring reservations.
- In 2016, Publisher’s C-Span/Book TV covered the festival.
- An estimated 10,000 people attended the 2016 Festival.
- Over 200 volunteers participate in SBF each year.
- SBF is an incorporated 501(c) 3 organization funded by private donors.
- The main-day Festival is FREE and open to the public, supplemented by ticketed events during the Festival and throughout the year.