About the Savannah Book Festival
Each year in the beautiful and historic city of Savannah, Georgia, dozens of popular and critically acclaimed authors join thousands of readers, book lovers, fans and aspiring writers for an annual world-class literary event, the Savannah Book Festival.
The Savannah Book Festival mission is to promote reading, writing and civil conversation by celebrating the written word and its role in improving the human experience. The Savannah Book Festival, Inc. is an independent non-profit corporation led by a volunteer board of directors.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
- Libba Anderson
- Jane Anspach
- Stephanie Duttenhaver
- Cindy Edwards
- Robin Gold, Executive Director
- Steve Green
- Ann Higbee, President
- Will Holland, Treasurer
- Alice Jepson
- Scott Lauretti
- Stratton Leopold
- Jenny Long, Secretary
- Mark Murphy
- Ben Oxnard, Asst. Treasurer
- Jack Romanos, Chairman
- Don Sturtz
- Mike Traynor (effective January, 2014)
- Jeff Tucker, CPA (ex officio)
Savannah Book Festival
One Diamond Causeway, Suite 21-331
Savannah, GA 31406-7436
- The Savannah Book Festival (SBF) is a four-day celebration of the written word.
- 2014 will mark the seventh annual SBF.
- The Festival theme is Lose Yourself in Books!
- SBF takes place over Presidents Day Weekend, February 13-16, 2014 at venues in and around Telfair and Wright Squares in historic Savannah, Georgia.
- There are over 40 bestselling, emerging and local authors participating each year.
- The 2014 four-day event includes Saturday’s free all day line-up of guest authors—plus stand-alone events with bestselling authors (to be announced) requiring reservations.
- In 2013, Publisher’s Weekly and C-Span/Book TV covered the festival.
- An estimated 10,000 people attended the 2013 Festival.
- Books sales in 2013 increased 10% over 2012
- Approximately 2,000 students were reached in our SBF @ Schools community outreach program during the 2012 Festival.
- Over 200 volunteers participate in SBF each year.
- SBF is an incorporated 501(c) 3 organization funded by grants and private donors.
- The main-day Festival is FREE and open to the public, supplemented by ticketed events during the Festival and throughout the year.
2014 Festival Information
2014 Event Schedule
- Thursday evening: Opening Address with Scott Turow 6:00 p.m. at the Trustees Theater
- Friday: SBF@Schools, our educational outreach program
- Friday evening: Keynote Address with Mitch Albom at the Trustees Theater at 6 p.m. VIP/Meet the Author Party follows.
- Saturday: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. approximately 40 authors offer 1 hour presentations with Q&A opportunity at venues in the Telfair Museum, Jepson Center for the Arts, Trinity United Methodist Church, Lutheran Church of the Ascension (sanctuary and fellowship hall), and Telfair Square venue tents. Free and open to the public.
- Sunday: Closing Address with Eben Alexander, M.D. (time t.b.a) at the Trustees Theater
Exclusive Media Invitation
Join Us at the 2014 Savannah Book Festival
LOSE YOURSELF IN BOOKS
FEBRUARY 13-16, 2014
- Celebrating our seventh year
- Four days of fabulous literary events over Presidents Day weekend
- Over 40 Acclaimed Authors
- FREE and open to the public + special ticketed events
- Special presentations by best-selling authors (to be announced)
Location: Historic Downtown Savannah, Georgia
“One of the most beautiful cities in America”
Media Passes are Available for:
- One-on-one interviews with 40 plus participating authors
- Meetings with Savannah Book Festival Executive Director Robin Gold and Board President Ann Higbee
- Refreshments and hospitality
*NOTE TO OUT-OF-TOWN JOURNALISTS covering the Savannah Book Festival: You are eligible for up to three (3) nights of FREE ACCOMMODATIONS and one (1) FREE MEAL per day, courtesy of Visit Savannah (the Savannah Convention and Visitors Bureau).
To confirm your place at the Festival, please RSVP to the Savannah Book Festival at 912.598.4040 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Media Inquiries and Following the Festival
For More Information
Please contact Executive Director Robin Gold at
912.598.4040 or email@example.com