(SAVANNAH, GA) — Here it is! The Savannah Book Festival schedule for Saturday, February 16. Now the hard part—deciding which author to spend an hour with when there are thirty-four choices from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at Telfair Square venues. All of Saturday’s Telfair Square events are free and open to the public.
Click onto www.savannahbookfestival.org for author and featured book information.
(Subject to Change Due to Unforeseen Circumstances)
Authors to sign books following their presentations in Ex Libris Author and Book Tent
Saturday, February 16
- Hoda Kotb, Ten Years Later, Trinity United Methodist Church
- Daniel Pink, To Sell is Human, Neises Auditorium Jepson Center
- Colm Tὀibἰn, The Testament of Mary, Telfair Rotunda
- Karen Thompson Walker, The Age of Miracles, Telfair Sculpture Gallery
- Mary Sharratt, Illuminations: A Novel of Hildegard von Bingen, Telfair Square Tent
- Kimberly Ergul & Holly-Jaakkola., A Savannah Christmas, Jepson Boardroom
- Al Gore, The Future, Trinity United Methodist Church
- B.A. Shapiro, The Art Forger, Neises Auditorium Jepson Center
- Isabel Wilkerson, The Warmth of Other Suns, Telfair Rotunda
- Joe Kanon, Istanbul Passage, Telfair Sculpture Gallery
- A.J. Jacobs, Drop Dead Healthy, Telfair Square Tent
- Kristyn Kusek Lewis, How Lucky You Are, Jepson Boardroom
11:30 a.m-12:30 p.m.
- Heidi Squier Kraft, Rule Number Two, Trinity United Methodist Church
- Paula McLain, The Paris Wife, Neises Auditorium Jepson Center
- Ben Fountain, Billy Lynn’s Long Halftime Walk, Telfair Rotunda
- Susanna Sonnenberg, She Matters, Telfair Sculpture Gallery
- Griff & Cheryl Day, Back in the Day Bakery Cookbook. Telfair Square Tent
- Kevin McCarey, Islands Under Fire, Jepson Boardroom
12 p.m.-2 p.m.
Gregg Allman will meet Festival guests and sign his book, My Cross to Bear, in the Author Signing Tent.
- Jake Tapper, The Outpost, Trinity United Methodist Church
- Mark Frost, The Paladin Prophecy, Neises Auditorium Jepson Center
- T.C. Boyle, San Miguel, Telfair Rotunda
- J.R. Moehringer, Sutton, Telfair Sculpture Gallery
- Mark Murphy, The Shadow Man, Telfair Square Tent
- Jim Morekis, Moon Georgia, Jepson Boardroom
- Evan Thomas, Ike’s Bluff, Trinity United Methodist Church
- Don Mann, Hunt the Scorpion, Neises Auditorium Jepson Center
- Richard Paul Evans, Michael Vey, Telfair Rotunda
- Bruce Cameron, A Dogs Journey, Telfair Sculpture Gallery
- Marissa Meyer, Scarlet, Telfair Square Tent
- Jane Fishman, The Dirt on Jane, Jepson Boardroom
- Garry Wills, Why Priests? A Failed Tradition, Trinity United Methodist Church
- Leonard Pitts, Jr., Freeman, Neises Auditorium Jepson Center
- Claire Cook, Wallflower in Bloom, Telfair Rotunda
- Beverly Jenkins, A Wish and a Prayer, Jepson Boardroom
Saturday Special Event at Trustees Theater
“Start Your Morning with Jeff Kinney,” author of the Wimpy Kid series, will be held at the Trustees Theater, 216 E. Broughton Street at 10 a.m. on Saturday. Tickets are sold out.
“We think this incredible line-up of authors speaks for itself,” said Robin Gold, Festival executive director. “Festival 2013 exemplifies our mission of celebrating the written word and its role in improving the human experience.”
The Savannah Book Festival Inc. is an independent, non-profit corporation led by a volunteer board of directors. It is committed to celebrating the written word and to offering all main day events in Telfair Square free and open to the public. For more information, please contact Executive Director Robin Gold at 912.598.4040, firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.savannahbookfestival.org.