Every February, as the azaleas are budding under the city’s moss-draped oaks, Savannah rolls out the red carpet for a diverse group of carefully selected authors, well-known and emerging. President’s Day weekend ushers in the Savannah Book Festival. One of the country’s finest invitation only literary festivals. The Savannah Book Festival is comprised of 4 different events:
- An opening address on Thursday evening
- A keynote address on Friday evening
- Festival Saturday – free and open to the public
- 40+ authors presenting throughout the day at 7 different venues throughout downtown Savannah
- Learn about the Pulitzer Prize winning and debut authors alike who will be spreading the love of reading on our Meet the Author page.
- All venues are centered around Telfair, Wright and Chippewa square, within a 10 – 15 minute walk of each other. Map
- A closing address on Sunday afternoon
Joins us Presidents’ Day weekend as downtown Savannah transforms into a literary paradise for 4-days with 50+ authors sharing their love of reading and the art of writing. See y’all soon!
News & Updates
Tickets to the 2023 Savannah Book Festival Headliner Addresses are on sale at the Savannah Box Office. Former Navy Seal and bestselling author, Jack Carr will deliver the opening address on Thursday, February 16th at 6:30pm. Authors of some of the best mysteries ever...
Beginning on Thursday, January 5th and continuing through Wednesday, January 11th, Silver Literati members will have the opportunity to purchase tickets to the SBF Headliner events, in advance of general ticket sales. Gold Literati members, who receive 2 tickets to...
Silver Literati members are able to purchase tickets to the 2023 Savannah Book Festival headliner events Thursday, January 5 - Wednesday, January 11, 2023 through the Savannah Box Office. Gold Literati members will receive 2 tickets to each headliner event, those...
In Case You Missed It…
At the 2022 SBF, C-SPAN Book TV recorded authors presenting at the Trinity Methodist Church. Click HERE if you would like to view those recordings.
Author presentations available:
• Qian Julie Wang, “Beautiful Country: A Memoir”
• Jared Alexander, “Volunteers: Growing Up in the Forever War”
• Bradford Pearson, “The Eagles of Heart Mountain”
• Michael Ian Black, “A Better Man: A (Mostly Serious) Letter to My Son”
• Dr. Lydia Kang & Nate Pedersen, “Patient Zero”
• Margaret Coker, “The Spymaster of Baghdad”
2022 Festival Saturday Livestreams
First Baptist Church https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZIqZzjL_CmuXEGJbK1hw_w
Lutheran Sanctuary https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1jH3oTyV22vHgDY6rZBBg
Lutheran Fellowship Hall https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx47SUcG2vNTxQZE2hFE6tg
Savannah Theatre https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCz4mYmz-qslcwESIEZqgz4Q
Author Submissions for the 2023 SBF are now CLOSED.
Thank you to all of the authors, publicists and dedicated readers who submitted for the 2023 SBF! Following the SBF Author Selection Committee’s thorough review, invitations have been steadily rolling out. The slots for Festival Saturday authors are filling fast, and Headliner commitments are underway! We look forward to sharing the talented lineup of authors presenting in February! Stay tuned for more announcements this fall.