Tips & FAQ
When is the Festival?
Festival Saturday, which is free and open to the public, showcases over 40 of the nation’s biggest and brightest stars in the writing world and will take place on Saturday, February 15, 2020. Visit our Meet the Authors page in October to discover who will be on stage on Festival Saturday. Visit our Schedule page to plan your day on Festival Saturday. We also have three headlining author events that take place from Thursday, February 13 to Sunday, February 16, 2020. Best-selling and thought-provoking authors are featured as our Opening Address, Keynote Address and Closing Address speakers. These events are ticketed and cost $25-30 per person. Please go to our Events page for more information. Tickets will go on sale in JANUARY 13, 2020 at 10 a.m. Please mark your calendar, as tickets to these events often sell out within hours. LITERATI members have early access to ticket sales beginning on January 6, 2020.
Where is the Festival?
Festival Saturday takes place in seven venues in and around Telfair, Wright, and Chippewa Squares in downtown Savannah. Please visit our Map & Parking page for more information and be sure to stop by our Information Tent in Telfair Square to pick up a Venue Map!
How much does it cost to attend?
Festival Saturday is free and open to the public. Over 40 nationally-recognized and award-winning authors will be giving solo 30-minute presentations on their “writing life”, followed by a Q & A session. Festival costs are underwritten by the generous donations of individuals and corporations in our community.
We also have three headlining events that are ticketed. Best-selling and thought-provoking authors are featured at our Opening Address, Keynote Address and Closing Address. Tickets for each of the three addresses are $25-30 and go on sale in January 13, 2020 at 10 a.m. Please visit our Events page for more information.
How do I get a book signed by an author?
Please visit our Book Sales and Signing page for information on purchasing SBF books and having them signed by your favorite author.
How do authors present at SBF?
Tips for a Great Festival Experience!
- Each venue will have a designated queue area that is clearly marked. All visitors must line up while waiting to enter the venue.
- Visitors will be allowed into venues AFTER the previous presentation has completed and the venue has emptied.
- Visitors wishing to remain in a venue to stay for the next presentation will be asked to move forward so that the ushers can accurately count available seats for those waiting in line.
- SBF ushers will advise those waiting in line of available seating based on capacity limits. As venues near capacity, ushers will assist guests in identifying alternative author presentations and venues.
- In fairness to those waiting in line, saving seats is not permitted.
- When leaving a venue to use a restroom, please secure a pass from an usher to ensure re-entry.
- Visitors are asked not to bring or consume food and beverages in the five church venues and the Jepson Museum. The Savannah Theatre does have a concession stand selling food and drink.
Accessibility and Restrooms
Public restrooms are available at The Jepson Center and The Savannah Theatre. Due to the nature of historic plumbing, restrooms are not available in the historic venues used for the majority of our Author Presentations. Royal Restrooms are conveniently located in all three squares for your use.
How do I get involved with SBF?
If you’d like to help us make the Savannah Book Festival a perennial fixture in Savannah’s cultural life, we would love to have your support. Our LITERATI – friends who give at $200 and $450 levels – receive wonderful benefits such as advance ticket purchases, priority seating at ticketed events, and a 10% discount on Festival book sales. Please visit our LITERATI page to learn more.
How can I keep up with Festival news?
One of the best ways to be part of the SBF community is through our monthly electronic newsletter. Please see the bottom of the page to sign up today!!